Eat Well Wednesday
Merry Christmas! Only one more week!
I hope this season is blessing you with joy and peace!
Don’t they look AMAZING?!! And besides the sugar, this is a pretty healthy treat.
Here are the ingredients you need for Sugar-Coated Pecans…..
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Tablespoon of Water
- 1 Pound Pecan Halves
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
1. Pre-heat oven to 250 and spray baking sheet with cooking spray or line with baking Silpat.
2. In a medium bowl, add egg white and 1 tablespoon of water. Beat with hand mixer until frothy, about 2 minutes
3. In a medium bowl, add sugar, salt, and cinnamon and stir together.
4. Pour pecans in egg white mixture and coat well.
5. Pour pecans into sugar mixture and coat well.
6. Spread pecans out on greased or lined baking sheet.
7. Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.Wrap these sugar-coated pecans up in a clear treat bag and tie with a cute ribbon. There you have it! A perfect Holiday treat for you or a loved one.
Enjoy and Be Well!
Jill Tarpey is leading us Wednesday by Wednesday into making better food choices and being more healthful. Tune in every Wednesday to get some great recipes and advice from someone who really knows health. In an effort to fuel her passion to serve as well has enhance the lives of others through their nutritional choices, she started Eat Well SA (San Antonio). Her vision is to educate you on how to incorporate a healthy array of foods into your life. Eat Well is not a diet, nor does it embrace any one specific dietary agenda. She also offers customized programs that are educational and teach you the tools you need to maintain healthy, well-balanced eating for your busy lives.