DANCE CONNECT FILM FEST
Frame Dance Productions and Frame x Frame Film Fest are proud to offer a film festival showcasing the talents of HISD student dancers and filmmakers. All HISD middle and high school are eligible to submit films to the festival where they are adjudicated and awards are given in the categories of
Teachers and students, please submit films through the FilmFreeway button below. Submission is free.
Are you a teacher looking to integrate screendance into your curriculum? We offer Professional Development to bring our curriculum into your classroom. Find out more here.
The Dance Connect Film Fest is supported by Jane Greenberg, Arts Connect Houston, and the HISD Department of Fine Arts.
You can watch videos of our past Dance Connect Film Fests below:
Since 2020, Frame Dance has worked with HISD campuses to bring a thoughtfully developed screendance curriculum to middle and high school students interested in film and dance. This program benefits schools and students by:
1) giving dance students a critical introduction to a vast and varied art genre
2) giving screendance students an avenue to share their artistic work worldwide
As the focus of public education continues to shift away from the arts, we are proud that this collaboration provides students an opportunity to affirm and expand their artistry, and teaches them how to use their phones/technology in creative, productive ways!
Topics of instruction include
- Choosing/creating locations for filming, including permissions for filming
- Choosing/collaborating on music, including consideration of copyright
- Choreography for the camera
- Filming, i.e. choreography of the camera
- Short film narrative
- History of dance for film
- Artist statement and the process of film submission for festivals