Event Phone: 832-781-0808
Babywearing caretakers of babies ages 6 weeks and up.
Weekly Class Time – TWO OPTIONS:
- OPTION 1: Saturdays, June 2 – August 25 @ 10:15 – 11:00 AM
- OPTION 2: Tuesdays, June 5 – August 28 @ 10:00 – 11:00 AM
Semester Cost: Babywearing Fitness is a drop-in class. You may purchase multi-class cards for a discount.
- $20/class drop in rate
- $240/16 class card ($15/class)
- $170/10 class card ($17/class)
- $90/5 class card ($18/class)
Teacher: Lydia Hance
Class Description: This class welcomes beginners of all ages. With fun music, we use dance as a means of post-partum fitness and meeting new friends in this stage. Having a young baby is a special, challenging phase, and dance is a great way to boost endorphins and bond with your little one. Studies show babywearing, dance, and music do big things for your baby’s development. Some benefits for your little one include:
- early development of balance
- early development of rhythm
- sense of safety
- soothing from feeling you dance with them — very similar to their experience in the womb
- less crying
- increased attentiveness — because they are up at adult level, they feel involved and activated
- better listening skills — because they are close to your mouth, they tune into the importance of what you are saying to them
- new little friends
- early learning of the importance of movement and exercise. And good for you for modeling this!
Dress Code: Anything you can move in. We dance barefoot. Please wear your baby in a two-strap carrier. Let us know if you have any questions, we would love to help. Wearing your baby facing into your body is best, on the front for little ones and either the front or back for 7+ months. Some babies prefer to look out, but we recommend you start with your baby facing in. For babies of all ages 6 weeks and up (with doctor approval for exercise postpartum). If you can wear him or her, you can dance!
Location:Our new home for all of our classes is at the River Oaks School of Dancing in the Shepherd Square Shopping Center at the corner of Shepherd and Westheimer.
River Oaks School of Dancing
2621 S. Shepherd Dr., Houston, Texas 77098
For questions, contact Lydia Hance at 832-781-0808.